You may use the following pages as handouts.
- American Indian History Time Line—facts about North Carolina’s American Indians.
- Avoiding Indian Stereotypes—advice from an American Indian teacher.
- A Cherokee Myth: The Origin of Strawberries—NCMOH lesson plan for grade four.
- North Carolina’s Prehistory—brief introduction to the state’s first inhabitants, from 10,000 B.C. to the Contact period.
- Pottery Making: The Coil Method—NCMOH lesson plan for grades four through six.
- Title IX—explanation of the federal program for educating American Indian children.
- Trail of Tears—brief history of the Trail of Tears, with tips on teaching this topic.
- Tribal Information—information from the workshop introduction about state-recognized tribes and tribal organizations.