Join us for a day of fabrics, food and fun for free!
- 2 p.m.: Film screening
- 3 p.m.: Panel discussion
- 4 p.m.: Textile fair and reception
Moderator: Dr. Gary Freeze, Professor of History and American Cultural Studies, Catawba College
See a new documentary, Charles A. Cannon: A Mind for Business, A Heart for People, to learn about the past importance of North Carolina’s textile industry; then hear from current leaders who will discuss some innovations and impacts of textiles on today’s culture and economy during a panel discussion and Q&A session. Panelists will include:
- Dr. David Hinks, Dean, Wilson College of Textiles, North Carolina State University
- James Booterbaugh, President and CEO, National Spinning Co. Inc.
- Dara Page, Fashion Designer, HausPage
- Beth Stewart, Cofounder and Executive Director, Redress Raleigh
After the panel, a textile fair will feature activities such as:
- spinning and weaving demonstrations,
- putting stitches in a community quilt,
- finding out about NC State’s Art2Wear fashion show
- displays by local textile artists Eris Swanstrom of Modique Couture and Brooke Heuts of Grey Goods Studio, and
- a light dessert reception catered by Rocky Top Catering.
Made possible with support from The Cannon Foundation.
For information, call 919-814-7039.