Image: “Heavenly Vision” by Emily Maxwell, 1952. NC Museum of History Collection.
All interested quilt guilds, groups, individual quilters, and non-quilters are encouraged to attend this free event!
This chance for quilters to mix and mingle, and for non-quilters to learn, will include:
- Displays and demonstrations by guilds and groups
- Demonstrations of quilt labelling and documentation by the Quilt Alliance
- Conservation suggestions and information from Paige Myers, museum textile conservator
- Tours of the QuiltSpeak! exhibit by curator Diana Bell-Kite
- Raffles of the just-released exhibit catalogue featuring quilts from the museum’s collection
- Hands-on activities for new-to-quilting museum visitors!