Access the program using the Zoom link below!
- Or One tap mobile :
- US: +13017158592,,82341852600# or +13126266799,,82341852600#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833
- Webinar ID: 823 4185 2600
- International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdIQFO609y
Presenter: Deborah K. Ross, US Congresswoman, 2nd Congressional District
Ross will talk about deciding to serve in public office, what happens after being elected, and her journey as a female member of Congress. This program and Q&A session have been prerecorded.
Ross came to North Carolina for law school at UNC-Chapel Hill and became an active member of the local community, entering public service in 2002 when she ran for and won a seat in the North Carolina House of Representatives. As a state representative, Ross worked for more than 10 years to protect voting rights, fund transit and transportation projects, increase access to affordable housing, and protect and expand healthcare. With many successes, she was named one of Wake County’s most effective legislators for her ability to work across the aisle to deliver results for the people of North Carolina. Sworn into the US House of Representatives on January 3, 2021, she now represents North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District. She serves on the House Judiciary Committee, House Rules Committee, and the Space, Science, and Technology Committee.