Bring the North Carolina Museum of History to your classroom!
Through our innovative "History-In-a-Box" Kits, educators can use a fresh and fun approach to introduce topics throughout history. These multidisciplinary teaching tools provide you with background materials, reproduction artifacts, lessons, and activities that tie North Carolina history with language arts, science, math, and visual art.
Current kit offerings include:
- Primarily North Carolina
- North Carolina Pottery
- Colonial and Revolutionary Times in North Carolina
- Everybody’s War: North Carolina and World War II
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Coastal Region
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Piedmont Region
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Mountain Region
New this year!
We’re excited to offer digital access to our History-In-a-Box kits to educators and students all over North Carolina. Our digitized kits also include access to Canvas Classrooms with the same background information, lesson plans, and activities you know and love. Explore one of our interactive kits below: