From themed backpacks to guides to activities for use in the galleries, engage your child with these museum resources!
Gallery-themed backpacks are available for parents with children ages 3 to 5. The backpacks are filled with activities to help you explore the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame, The Story of North Carolina, and the history of our state's American Indians. Look for the backpack kiosk in the museum lobby or ask at the information desk, and join in the fun with your little ones!
- The Story of North Carolina Exhibit Guide
- The Story of North Carolina Spanish Exhibit Guide
- Story of North Carolina Educator Exhibit Outline
- Student Activities for The Story of North Carolina
- 5 Things to Do without a Pencil (All Ages)
- Find Shapes in the Robson House (Pre-K Students with Adults)
- North Carolinians on the Move (Grades Pre-K–2)
- Artifact Guide (Grades 3–5)
- Growing Up in Carolina (Grades 3-5)
- Small Stuff/Big Stories (for Grades 3-5)
- Digging Deep! (Adults with Middle and High School Students)
- Writing in Museums Observation Guide
- Analyzing an Artifact
Explore our exhibit galleries with Colonel Fred Olds, founder of the museum, using the Fred’s Finds activities.