Take a journey—in your home, across town, or on the road—with these activities.
Artifact or Arti-Fiction?
Your home is full of stories! Capture the history—and write a story—about something you love.
Pull out those family recipes. Share yummy food stories with your family and friends—compete with eats!
- Crab Cakes (North Carolina Maritime Museum, Beaufort)
- Five Flavor Pound Cake (Museum of the Albemarle)
- Johnnycake (Mountain Gateway Museum)
- Kimchi Tuna (Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum)
- Local Shrimp Dip North Carolina Maritime Museum, Southport)
- Salem College Iced Tea (North Carolina Museum of History)
No Plugs, No Batteries!
What games did your grown-ups play as kids? Find out, and try to play them (it’s not fair to choose ones needing plugs or batteries). Here are some old favorites!