Internships at the NC Museum of History
General Details and Overall Requirements
Details on our program vary by semester, but please see below for some basic requirements applicable to most positions.
Internships may be available within the curation, collections/conservation, education, marketing, editorial and special events sections at the North Carolina Museum of History.
Only currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for museum internship positions.
- Undergraduate applicants must have at least completed their first year of college before beginning an internship.
- Undergraduates must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- The number of hours the intern is expected to work vary depending on the project and the requirements of the student's academic program. Depending on the specific position, internship hours may be completed by working virtually, on-site at the museum, or a combination of both.
- Internships at the North Carolina Museum of History are unpaid, volunteer positions.
How to Apply
Applicant must submit completed internship application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts for all colleges/universities attended to be considered for a museum internship.
Contact Internship Coordinator Kathy Gleditsch at firstname.lastname@example.org.