Bring the North Carolina Museum of History to your classroom!
Through our innovative "History-In-a-Box" Kits, educators can use a fresh and fun approach to introduce topics in history. These multidisciplinary teaching tools provide you with background materials, reproduction artifacts, lessons, and activities that tie North Carolina history with language arts, science, math, and visual art.
Current kit offerings include:
- Primarily North Carolina
- North Carolina Pottery
- Tumultuous Times: Antebellum to Reconstruction in North Carolina (1830–1877)
- North Carolina: Colonial and Revolutionary War Times
- Everybody’s War: North Carolina and World War II
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Coastal Region
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Piedmont Region
- From the Mountains to the Sea: The Mountain Region
Want to explore one of our kits? Take a look at one of interactive digitized kits! They include access to Canvas Classrooms with the same background information, lesson plans, and activities you know and love.